Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Turning 30.

Turning 30 with a baby in your belly is different than turning 30 and being able to do shots, or enjoy a really nice, extravagant meal, or hop on a plane to New York or Chicago and really do the thing right.

If I wasn't pregnant, I probably would have spent the weekend before my 30th birthday in Chicago. But, the thing is, I've gotta save that money for going to Chicago when the wine can flow and when walking around a city all day doesn't require a 2-hour afternoon nap. When I do things, I really do them.

All that to say, I wasn't really that excited about my 30th because there's not much celebrating that can be done unless you really want to put your baby's health in jeopardy. And that's not my thing. So I was surprised how perfect it felt to have an intimate bonfire with 10 people who just enjoyed each other's company. It was the best birthday I've had in years...maybe ever. A great night with friends, and then another night at home with my Dan. Loads of messages and gifts that I didn't expect. A vintage picnic basket, a new dress, a new hat, a handmade mug, a shed, cards in the mail, and about two dozen text messages.

I felt loved and I felt full. I drank tea and my baby kicked like crazy and I laughed really hard. It was a great signal of things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment